Thursday, September 8, 2011

DIY Cinnamon "Sugar"


In case you haven't guessed...it's not really sugar in this jar!  It's stevia, and a bit of Truvia, which contains erythritol and stevia.  Easy to shake on toast with peanut butter, or put in my daughter's oatmeal.  (She thinks unsweetened, or plain, cinnamon is "spicy," but she won't eat oatmeal that isn't flavored a bit.  I don't want to load it down with sugar, so she was the inspiration for this new addition to my spice rack!)  I've always heard the ratio of 1 Tb sugar to 1 tsp cinnamon when making your own cinnamon sugar.  I'd say I have more of a 1:1 ratio in this mix, but I didn't measure.

Sprinkled on toasted sprouted grain bread with almond butter and thinly sliced banana. Mmmm.  Clearly, my tastes have changed since relinquishing most sugar...this can pass for dessert for me sometimes.


No comments:

Post a Comment